Cinnamon is a sweet spice with wonderful aroma and flavor that is most often used to spice up hot beverages and sweet dishes.
However, besides it’s great flavor, it also has a long list of health benefits. Cinnamon is rich in fiber, and also contains a high amount of potassium. It is one of the most iron-rich foods as well. According to scientists, cinnamon should be a part of our daily diet due to the numerous health benefits.
Here are some of the top health benefits of cinnamon:
- Improves digestion and relieves digestive problems;
- Regulates your blood sugar levels;
- Prevents cancer cell proliferation;
- Improves blood circulation and has an anticoagulant effect;
- Improves the cognitive function and memory which is why it’s ideal for people suffering from neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease;
- Reduces tissue damage in the body and rejuvenates it;
- Prevents bacterial and viral infections as well as bacterial growth;
- Can soothe the symptoms caused by arthritis;
- Improves the function of numerous organs and prevents heart disease.
How to use cinnamon?
Add a teaspoon of cinnamon in your coffee, fruit juice or smoothie in the morning, or mix it with a teaspoon of honey and consume the mixture. The spice is safe to use for everyone, but you should avoid it if it causes an allergic reaction on your skin. Pregnant women and children under the age of 6 should avoid it as well, as should Crohn’s and liver disease sufferers.